Beating the established sporting powerhouses of countries like Australia, Japan, South Africa, Germany and Cuba, the independent Republic of Yorkshire are currently 7th in the Olympic medal Table! Not even Usain Bolt and the Jamaican track team have been able to overtake the incredible small country of Yorkshire. Disconsolate Australian athletes have apparently been heading up the M1 looking for the recipe for Yorkshire puddings. However, Supreme athletics coach Geoff Boycott claimed 12 hours a day down the mine does great things for your long-term fitness.
- Alistair Brownlee – West Yorks Triathlon –
- ANDREW TRIGGS-HODGE Rowing – coxless four Hebden
- KATHERINE COPELAND Rowing, women’s lightweight double sculls Stokesley
- Jessica Ennis – Heptathlon, Sheffield
- Ed Clancy – Team Pursuit
- NICOLA WILSON Equestrian Eventing, Northallerton SILVER
- LIZZIE ARMITSTEAD Road Cycling, Otley SILVER
TOM RANSLEY Rowing, York City Rowing Club BRONZE
Jonathon Brownlee – Triathlon –
Yorkshire Gold Medals winners
Jessica Ennis – Heptathlon
Yorkshire 7th in Olympic medal table Guardian
Join the rapidly growing Yorkshire Independence Movement! – next step a place on the UN Security council with China, Russia and US.