Today the Party for an Independent Yorkshire State (PIYS) made a bold claim to stake complete independence from the UK.
Earlier today, forces loyal to Yorkshire Independence unravelled the Yorkshire White Rose flag over Humberside County Council – reclaiming the East Riding for the Republic of Greater Yorkshire. The flag was unravelled to great rejoicing from the locals.
The New Yorkshire Parliament has already promised:
- Not to join the EU,
- Bring back old fashioned weights of lbs, stones and inches
- Offer free Yorkshire puddings to old age pensioners
- Remove VAT for flat caps
- Impose tariff barriers on Southern beer and Lancashire Hot Pot
- Campaign for Whippet racing and Coal carrying to becoming Olympic sports
- Make Yorkshire dialect compulsory learning in schools.
- More controversially have been the plans to build a customs barrier stretching across the Pennines between the Yorkshire and Lancashire border. The Lancastrian independence movement has responded coldly to today’s developments. There was widespread dismay that yet again Yorkshire had beaten Lancashire.
- But, in Yorkshire, such sentiments were not in evidence. Huge crowds turned out to listen to the new Government. Geoffrey Boycott speaking as the New President of the Republic of Yorkshire said.
“Ey by eck, It’s a grand day to finally have our independence from those Southern fools. Long live Yorkshire!”
The Yorkshire Independence Party sweep to power in a shock general election victory! – find out what it means for you, your family and your whippets.