What Defines a Dour Yorkshireman
- Yorkshire folk have a hard won but well deserved reputation of being on the right side of taciturn.
- Some may think us curmudgeonly but that does a disservice to those grumps who really are.
- At time we may seem laconic but we are intensely involved in our core interests and especially all that ‘gods county’ has to offer.
- Dour is as dour does, but gruff we may sometimes seem. Generally we are self-contained self confident and well short of surly or sullen.
- More inclined to be sardonic than sarcastic particularly when expressing the Yorkshire sense of humour.
- Being thought to be ‘tight with brass’ is no skin off our nose as we aren’t overly concerned about the views of others.
This entry was posted in Our Yorkshire
. Bookmark the permalink