The Beverley Folk Festival 16 – 18 June 2017 is set to be another rip roaring success.
There is a long list of performers already booked to appear. As with other folk fests you also get ‘Pub Stuff’ in various hostelries around the town.
Beverley’s Folk Festival Pubs
- The White Horse, or ‘Nellie’s’ to the locals, dates back to the 16th century and was the birthplace of the festival. I am told that the pub still uses the original gas lamps but that the beer is definitely not too gassy.
- The Sun Inn as usual is a strong supporter of live music and fine beer. Cor shine a light.
- Tiger Inn will be a roaring success.
- The Forrestors Arms, Durham Ox, The Monks Walk, Hodgsons and down in the Westwood The Woolpack are all on hand for a good pint or three.
- The Wold Top bar at the festival village will obviously feature the local brew.
After all this why not take a coach home. This Beverley bus was spotted in Volendam in the Netherlands at the week end. I hope all the trippers make it back home for the festival.
Some of the Artists who have appeared in recent festivals performances include:
John Shuttleworth with ‘It’s Nice Up North’
Bowie, Bliss & Cockerham
Charlie Dore & the Hula Valley Orchestra
Ellen & The Escapades
Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams
Jez Lowe & The Bad Pennies
Martin Simpson Trio
Roy Bailey & Tony Benn
The Black Umfolosi 5
The Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band
The Demon Barber Roadshow
The Hall Brother & John Carey
The Hut People
The Why & Wherefores
King Pleasure & The Biscuit Boys
Rachel Unthank & The Winterset
The Hut People
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain