You would expect a lot of good books to have been published about Yorkshire and God’s Own County and there are even many great books on our favourite subject and featured here is just one. A lyrical history of England’s greatest county is erudite, engrossing and quirky by weaving history, family stories, travelogue and ecology together.
Economic Tykes Tips for a Bookworm
- As befits a thrifty Yorkshireman who would prefer to pay less than nowt, here are some tips on how to do that.
- A good library will have many copies of ‘Yorkshire A lyrical history of England’s greatest county’ to borrow for several weeks at no cost. You can also renew several times even though this book will be in great demand.
- Like me you can get the book given – it was a birthday gift.
- Amazon have a but its not a bookworms book if it’s a book substitute. I also assume you would miss out on the maps and pictures!
- Not to be recommended but the book may be shoplifted.
- Now getting to brass tacks or how little brass is needed – it is early to be seeing such a volume in a charity shop at 20p – £1 but keep your eves skinned.
- It is unlikely to be remaindered but various retail & internet offer occur.
- To offset your outgoings and reduce the cost below nowt you can try to rent it out – Southerners should be very grateful.
- Lastly you can borrow my copy if and when I finish with it.