Can you see this sign or is there a wind farm in the way?
Well not quite a wind farm but yesterday there were a pair of lobbyists in the Pickering car park punting a slogan ‘yes to wind‘.
Members of green peace or not, these ‘consultants’ were pushing a commercial view point and vested interests. The focus was the proposed East Heslerton site with 10 turbines. They were operating on behalf of n-power renewables at .
Well not in my name thank you – I would say no to wind farms with my vote and if we get AV I would say no with all my other votes as well.
Most wind farm protests are local pressure groups. There is a need for a more considered and concerted approach to the issues so the debate can be properly joined. Divide and rule will deliver a hotch potch of turbines and on shore wind farms for the benefit of industry not the wider population.
Anti Wind Power View
- The extra power generated is not worth the investment and disruption to local amenity.
- 30 MW is the planned capacity but at probable levels of functionality the output will average less than 11MW and that is on a windy day.
- I do not live in this backyard and am not worried about noise, birds or the visual environment but have concern for those who do.
- Political dogma and vested interests have been joined at the hip on the issue of wind farms and there is a lack of integrity and clarity. Why else are people standing in car parks trying to convince passers by.
- Other views and reports criticise wind farms as being inefficient, unreliable, unpredictable means of generation requiring expensive stand by capacity.
- Subsidies are made available at a cost to the public purse and this ignores the relatively short life of the equipment.
- Further investment in the grid may also be necessary to cope with wind surges.
RWE npower renewables has submitted a planning application to Ryedale District Council for a wind farm approximately 12km east of Malton in the District of Ryedale press release
Wind Farm by Igor Motov on flickr 2 out of 9 without blades!
Old Dutch Wind farm